Murph Notes

Murph is cool

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Ireland

I am cool.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

This morning I was reading Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 and I thought of the scene in PT&A where Martin and Candy have to share a bed in a hotel and they wake up in the morning.

"That's not a pillow!"

As I reflected on the discussion in Growth groups last night I was thinking about how we are often meant to keep each other warm although not in the Martin/Candy way. I mean when I am cold from life it is my Christian brothers and sisters who bring warmth to my life with their words, deeds, smiles and presence.

We need to get serious about living life together. I was talking with a friend last night who a couple of months ago was struggling because he wanted Christian friends and it seemed like all the Christians in his school were saying they were Christians and living another way.

Enters a huge football player who befriends him and they are hanging together, supporting one another, encouraging one another.

They are defending one another and keeping each other warm in a cold world. Christian love does that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home