Murph Notes

Murph is cool

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Ireland

I am cool.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Grasping For ME

Today I was reading Philippians 2:5-11 and thinking about the word "grasped" in verse 6. The Greek word is more like clutched from what I have read and studied.

Life is messy and recently I have been managing conflict. I used to love conflict. I used to create it just for the thrill and rush. Now though, it just drains me.

As I viewed the conflict I am feeling with others in light of these verse I realize I am trying to hold onto with a iron like grip; I am "clutching" onto my rights and what I deserve.

Then I read verse 7 and my head drops, my heart remembers, and my spirit goes to peace. If I am to be Christ like then I must become nothing. I must put others above me in all and every way.

The only thing I deserve is separation from God and I do not want to clutch that. I must seek to serve humbly. I don't want to do this out of shear will or discipline though. I want this to be a heart thing.

As I look at the conflict I am facing I need God to change my heart. I need to grasp onto something other than me.

God make me a servant with a servants humble heart. Mold me to be love as you are Love. In Jesus Name, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home