Murph Notes

Murph is cool

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Ireland

I am cool.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Run Run As Fast As You Can...

Yesterday I said to my wife "I wish I would blog" and she said "then why don't you?" to which I had no good answer.

Not much time to write today but I wanted to put some words down. I don't know if you can relate but for the past few years there has not been very many times when I haven't felt like I was in over my head. Today I am feeling it more than usual. Too many roles to play, too little time, too little discipline.

I wish I could make enough money at one of those "Do you want fries with that?" jobs to take care of my family. My job seems to demand so much of me that I always feel torn between being a good Husband and Dad or being a good Youth Minister. I can't seem to do well at all of them at the same time.

So today I must go shopping for my Youth Group Kick Off on Sunday, and make about a million calls to get people to do stuff to get ready for it at the last minute. I wish I would put more time into planning.

And this being a "control freak" thing - there ought to be a pill I can take to make it go away!

So when I am so focused on "programming" that I don't have enough time to focus on "relationships" I get frustrated. I have teens that I want to spend time with and parents too but I just don't have the emotional energy reserves to invest lately.

"If it is of God it will succeed; if it is of man it will pass away." My boss said that to me awhile back and expected it to bring comfort... hmm....

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Yeah...I think those were the words of Ciaphas!

Add "student" to that task list and see what a constant failure you feel like!! I call myself Mr. Perpetual Mediocrity...

Rob Bell recently said (catalyst podcast) that good is the enemy of great. I'm trying to learn to live that...

Oh--this was supposed to be encouraging... Well, then, Proverbs 14.4:
Where no oxen are, the manger is clean,
But much revenue comes by the strength of the ox.

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one really can't help but love Steve's way of sending a message home with as much wit and humor as seriousness and self-spection

I finally found that sheet for the discription of a disciple thing...let me know if you still want it and i'll send it over. It's tacked to my board in front of my desk, so I won't lose it.

i'm a scatter brain...seriously.

hope you and yours are doing well.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home