Murph Notes

Murph is cool

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Ireland

I am cool.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Dirt and Coasters

"Digging in my garden is like going to church, only more spiritual." - Jenny (a fellow blogger with unique beliefs)

This got me thinking about how many things in life draw me near to God and inspire me to worship Him. I am looking forward to the rollercoasters this weekend. I know that will be a spiritual time; the exhilaration and feeling of being alive, the screams and deep laughs from the depth of my being - Jesus will smile.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

You know, my dad asked me once after Ross and I were married why I didn't go to church anymore.I simply answered, "you know dad, I feel so much closer to God sitting in my jammies on my front porch with a cup of cofee and looking at the mountain view from our little cabin, than sitting in a pew in a man made building wearing a dress." There is no comparison.

As for rollercoaster, I gave those up when I was 16 and denied a ride because I didn't meet the height requirement. I believe that was Kings Island on the Top Gun standing coaster. You were there.

6:46 AM  
Blogger lisa said...

You gave up rollercoasters? How could you? ;)

12:49 PM  
Blogger Kel said...

Hahaha, because I was never tall enough to ride them! Hahahaha! Also, as I've gotten older, I have developed severe motion sickness, it's weird. I have to drug myself hard core when I fly.

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home