Murph Notes

Murph is cool

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Ireland

I am cool.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Intimidation

I have not blogged in a long time. I have been telling myself the reason is that I just don't have the time and/or energy. I have realized that is not it; I am just intimidated by my blog. How weird is that?

Lately, everytime I have thought of writing I have wanted to pour out feelings and thoughts that are just down right unpleasant. I want to type out of anger, frustrations, depression or discouragement.

The other source of intimidation is that I read so many blogs where my friends are writing very funny stuff or really deep stuff and I feel this need to make sure what I write is up to standards. I don't want to write because I'm concerned it won't be good enough for myself or others.

So do I just start writing and say to heck with what people will think and let all the anger and discouragement fly? But then what will people think of me if that is all they see of me?

Or do I write and obsess over editing and making sure it is up to par?

Perhaps I just overthink such things...

I would love to tell you about my weekend but to do so would include a lot of what I consider complaining. I miss my wife today SOOOOOOOOO much.

11 years ago today was by far the bestest day of my life. It was the day I was joined in matrimony to the coolest woman in the world. Tonya, if you read this today - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! I love you and appreciate all of who you are and how you have changed my life in so many wonderful ways. You are my beloved and I adore you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

BLOG ON, BROTHER! I work like tons of hours and have to find time to blog. work eats up alot of my free time...but as my dad once said: if you want to eat...you must work!

how close are you to raeford, north carolina?

well off into cyberspace!

www.zubman.blogspot.com

12:54 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

Make your blog your own, and enjoy it. You don't need another thing to stress about, I'm sure!

oh...and happy 11th!

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home