Murph Notes

Murph is cool

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Ireland

I am cool.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Screw You or I Love You?

A friend wrote this on her blog and has really got me thinking.

"When you think about it, you wouldn't be angry with your spouse if you didn't love them, you would most likely be ambivalent and just say "screw you"...As we so easily do with bosses, co-workers, neighbors etc. We should never be afraid to say "I love you". Sometimes things fail us that shouldn't. And when they do, it can seem as if the sun had suddenly reversed it's course. You can never know when this might happen or what form it might take. But it's arrival can bring you to doubt your most unassailable certainties, things you never before thought to question."

What I'm wondering about is what do do with the results that come when I apply this measuring stick to the relationships in my life. I have the priveledge of working for a church. This is a weird set up because the people I work with are both my "brothers and sisters" and my bosses and co-workers. With them I am somewhere between anger and ambivalent and wondering if the scale needs to tip more one way or the other.

3 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

Is this a test?
Because I think you know the answer to this.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Kel said...

loving people is hard. I think love is one of the most difficult character builders that has either blessed or cursed (I can't make up my mind some days) us as human beings.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

I love You!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home