Murph Notes

Murph is cool

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Ireland

I am cool.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Joyful Theology

Today a friend told me she had an epiphany in December. She decided that she would not allow anyone or anything to rob her of joy this next year. I have been pondering that. Is joy something we can conjure up? Is it something we can hoard or even protect? Or is joy a gift from God that we must hold with and open hand receiving it from Him and not holding on to it. Perhaps the way to seek to receive joy is to surrender the conquest to Him. Maybe it is more than that, maybe we have to surrender all to Him and stand with an empty hand before He will give us joy. I want joy too. I just don’t know if I am willing to let go to receive it.

Make a joyful noise? Can I make a joyful noise without having joy? Perhaps it is something I can and must grasp, lay hold of, claim and cling to...

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnny T said...

Joy is a fruit of the spirit, right? Well that would make it a gift or evidence that we are surrendering to him. i think you can protect it though, in that in every situation that could rob us of joy we should surrender to Christ.

3:12 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

I think joy is evidence of real faith and faith is a gift.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home