Murph Notes

Murph is cool

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Ireland

I am cool.

Monday, November 28, 2005

I'm Melting!!!

Yesterday was the first day of Advent. I realize that many/most people in our world don't even know what Advent is. It is a 'season' of the church. It leads up to Christmas. It is a time when we, the people of God (the church), prepare. We prepare to celebrate the coming of Jesus. We prepare by decorating, cooking, reading and studying. But we also prepare by cleaning house, for lack of better verbage. We get our hearts ready. We ask God to do for us what we cannot - cleanse us of our sins and change our hearts, turning them towards Him.

Today I was reading Psalm 46. Grab a Bible and read it sometime today or tomorrow. I love the first verse where the psalmist declares that God is a "present", and even more so, and "ever-present" help in time of trouble. In the midst of all the trouble in my life HE IS THERE! I love that. I know He holds my eternal life in His hands but I forget that He holds my present in His hands.Then in verse 6 it says He lifts His voice, the earth melts. When I read this I thought of the Wizard of Oz movie; the scene where the water lands on the wicked witch and as she disappears into the ground she yells "I'm melting!". God's very Voice can melt the entire earth.

I believe I shall trust Him with my past, tomorrows, and my present. I will bow my head in holy fear and awe and thank Him for being God.

1 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

I read Psalm 46 today...thanks for taking me there.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home