Murph Notes

Murph is cool

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Ireland

I am cool.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Price Tag

I recently finished reading a book and here is an exchange from it.

Dad: What I’m saying is that you should be as wise as serpents and as harmless as doves.

Son: What?

Dad: You should use discretion because what you do will get around and will have consequences.

Son: I thought it was more important to follow Jesus than the opinion of man.

Dad: You should always follow Jesus rather than man. But it is a dangerous thing to follow Jesus if you hold anything else in your life dear. If you choose that road, nothing could give me more joy. But you had better know the cost. Because it will cost you. It will cost you everything.

I have evaluated the past 6-8 months in light of this and can say that the Dad character nailed it because you end up weighing whatever else in your life you hold dear when you have to make the hard decisions. The weighing can be excruciating and the consequences, either way, can be... real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home