Murph Notes

Murph is cool

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Ireland

I am cool.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Women Are Not... Men

Have you ever noticed this phenomenon - A woman, stranger or friend, will compliment another woman on something she is wearing? How does the woman being complimented respond? She will respond by informing the other where and/or when she got it.

Example: Marcia - "My, that is a wonderful skirt. I love the colors."

Lady at Starbucks - "Oh, this ole' thing? I got it 50% off at Talbots at the end of the season last year. I found it in my closet this morning and just threw it on."

Why do you think this happens so often (perhaps 9 out of 10 times)? Could it be a deflection technique genetically passed on via the Y? Or is it in that book, that once read, transforms lovely little girls into woman? I don't think it is insecurity; not with that high of a hit rate. Maybe it is false modesty. Not sure what it is but it is interesting to observe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

good point.
interesting
i'm going with the how to be a woman book.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home